Frequently Asked Questions
No. Non-nationals are welcomed to make Barbados their home and there are no restrictions to non-nationals purchasing real estate in Barbados. There are also no capital gains or inheritance taxes in Barbados.
Non-nationals, who wish to stay in the island for period longer than six (6) months continuously, may require a Special Entry & Reside Permit.
There is no benefit of Dual Citizenship for property ownership. However, should you wish to receive tax advice, our Ownership Representatives would be happy to refer you to a local Tax Advisor.
It is not necessary to retain the services of an attorney-at-law, as ownership of The Crane Private Residences is a Right to Use held in trust by First National Trustee Company (FNTC) in the Isle of Man, until the year 3000.
The property can be willed, transferred or sold at anytime. The Trustee ensures that there is no debt, prior ownership or lien on the property. Click here for more information.
Should you still wish to have an attorney-at-law review the Purchase Application, your Ownership Representative will be happy to refer you to a local law office.
The Crane Private Residences include appliances only. However, our Ownership Representatives would be happy to go through developer options for furniture packages and can recommend local décor companies.
Our furniture packages are comprehensive, including everything from cutlery and crockery to linens and wall art. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an estimate.
Residents are obligated to pay Community Fees and Residence Fees, collectively known as “The Fees”.
Specific to the Private Residence:
- Insurance on building
- Property Taxes
- Maintenance on external building and common areas, including Private Residence elevators and entrance gates.
- Pool Service
- Utilities related to common areas: elevators, landscaping, garage and external lighting
- Refuse Collection
- Personalised encoded alarm systems with video communication with guests in lobby
- Hard wired addressable smoke detection
- CCTV in underground parking garage
- Long-distance phone calls (from landline to landline, to most major countries)
- Cable TV
- 10% Management Fee
Your Community Fee also contributes towards a proportional share of the following Resort Services & Amenities:
- Security – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Fitness facility
- Kids Club
- Resort Swimming Pools
- Beach Towel Service
- Acres of Lush Tropical Landscaping
- All utilities related to management of the Resort areas
- Beach elevator
- Access to the beach with chair, umbrellas, service staff
- Free WiFi across Resort
- Access to The Village
- Two Flood Lit Tennis Courts
- Gated Entry – armed 24/7
- Front Desk
Yes. With over two decades of hotel marketing experience, The Crane employs best practices, trade partnerships, and industry-leading software to achieve the highest possible occupancy and maximise rental returns for our residents.
No. We regret that we cannot accommodate pets within the Residences or within the Resort.